hopRSS

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Life Story As A Gamer



Xbox 360 Kinect

My life as a gamer began when I was a young kid. I started playing back in the 1970's. I often marvel at how different the games are now. But there are ways that the games of the past are still similar to the games of today. When looking back on my years o playing it is fun to look at what has been, what is right now and what will come in the future and with the recent xbox 360 kinect and my rush to the store to get one for Christmas, it is a good time to write down my experiences as a gamer.
The first game I got was called Pong. There was nothing very complex about this gaming system. The simple nature did not stop me from playing it. I enjoyed the game with friends and families for a long time. Nothing else was important. Becoming the best player was my goal. As I think back on that game, I remember when my parents first. The game was not cheap. I think they spent around $150 to get it. In today's money that is probably close to the cost of the current systems. And the games back then were very limited. You had a beginner and an expert level. That was the extent of the game. Next up was a variety of systems that hit the market. You could buy separate titles that could be played on one system. Variety was much better than playing Pong. Now I could fly a plane or blow up an alien. The excitement of video gaming was building. I still went to the arcade for really good games. However, when I couldn't get to the mall, I had a substitute. And now my allowance went towards buying new game cartridges. My only regret was not taking better care of these consoles because in today's market people a lot for the old consoles and titles. The idea o being a gamer was still a part of me even as I became a part of the adult world. I did not stay as involved in them like I did as a kid. Despite the limitations, I made sure I had a video game or two wherever I was staying. I bought a personal computer when they started being sold. The internet opened up a lot of options too. After I got married and had children it all started to change. Gaming reappeared because my children wanted to play them. They were better than ever. The Ps2 seeemed like the right choice for our family. I could not believe how real the games were. We found appropriate games for all of our children. We bought games that kept our children entertained. There were also a few titles that were perfect for an adult. After the kids went to bed, I would start playing the games. There were times that I would lose track of the time. It was like I was a kid all over again. It was a lot of fun to escape into these other worlds and I loved playing them. As an adult, I did not have as much time to play games as I did when I was a kid. At times I would go for weeks without playing. But every time my schedule permitted I would still enjoy playing. That is something that never changes. This Christmas bought the kinect and with it came a whole new world of video gaming that has my family and myself moving around and using the video gaming system as our own personal gym while my kids practice their football and baseball techniques. Playing this makes me feel young again.The xbox 360 kinect price is 159.99 US Dollars



No comments:

Post a Comment