hopRSS

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Life Story As A Gamer



Xbox 360 Kinect

Ever since I was a preteen I have been playing video games in my own home. I have played them for over four decades. Technology has taken games to an unbelievable level. But there are ways that the games of the past are still similar to the games of today. When looking back on my years o playing it is fun to look at what has been, what is right now and what will come in the future and with the recent xbox 360 kinect and my rush to the store to get one for Christmas, it is a good time to write down my experiences as a gamer.
The first game I got was called Pong. It did not involve anything that was too difficult. That did not matter because I got addicted to it. I would play my brother for hours on end. Nothing else was important. I just had to beat my opponent. This was a big investment for my family to make at the time when we got the game. I remember them spending well over a hundred dollars. When adjusting for inflation that is similar to the consoles that are available now. The original consoles had only a little variety. There was only one game that could be played. That was about it. Next up was a variety of systems that hit the market. You could buy separate titles that could be played on one system. I was no longer stuck with a single game. It was like having a mini arcade in my own home. The excitement of video gaming was building. I still went to the arcade for really good games. However, when I couldn't get to the mall, I had a substitute. And now my allowance went towards buying new game cartridges. Just like the baseball cards that I got rid of when I was young, if I had hung onto these systems I would be able to buy a lot of different things by selling them. Through my college years and as a young adult, I still played video games. It was not as much as when I was younger. But no matter where I lived, I had access to a gaming console of some type. I bought a personal computer when they started being sold. I enjoyed the ability to play over the Internet. Starting a family altered my priorities away from video games. Gaming reappeared because my children wanted to play them. They were better than ever. We bought a Microsoft Xbox. I could not believe how real the games were. We found appropriate games for all of our children. We bought games that kept our children entertained. There were also a few titles that were perfect for an adult. Once our children were asleep it was my turn to play. It was difficult to put the controllers down some nights. It reminded me of the times that I spent when I was younger. I would get caught up in the excitement of the games. We had a fairly full schedule and there was not a lot of time available for gaming. When my schedule got to hectic, the games sat idle. The gamer in me was still alive if I could find the time to play. It does not seem to diminish much as the years roll by. This Christmas bought the kinect and with it came a whole new world of video gaming that has my family and myself moving around and using the video gaming system as our own personal gym while my kids practice their football and baseball techniques. I do not think I will ever get too old for video games.The xbox 360 kinect price is 159.99 US Dollars



No comments:

Post a Comment