hopRSS

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Slightly retro gaming: PS2



It's been a long time since I indulged in the realm of gaming beyond occasionally playing games catering to those individuals known as "casual gamers." I have been saving my pennies up for a while in order to treat myself to a new games console, which at first was going to take the form of a brand spanking new laptop. The laptops in my (admittedly low) price range however, comprised little in the way of commendable graphics cards and processors, making them a fairly poor choice for decent gaming.

I could have probably found more technology inside of a cheap condenser dryer!

Anyway, I did find a product perfect for my budget and taste in gaming. Sony recently announced a range of LED TVs with a Sony Playstation 2 built into the base. The PS2 was the last console that I engaged with properly, my interest in gaming diminishing slightly as the third instalment of the console was released.

The PS2 does represent retro gaming, since it was released over ten years ago back in the year 2000 but I guess it represents retro in a more contemporary sense when compared the 8 bit glory of the Nintendo system. Surprisingly, the PS2 is still popular with many gamers today and as such, second hand PS2 titles are can be bought at quite a few high street gaming retailers and online on the WWW, for example at eBay and Amazon. And for heavily discounted prices too!

There are plenty of Playstation titles that I am just so eager to get into again including sandbox game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (the best selling PS2 game of all time, shifting over seventeen million copies) and cult beat and guitar battle game Guitaroo Man. I am also excited for few session with my friends on Tekken (4) and pimping my cars once again in Need for Speed.



No comments:

Post a Comment