hopRSS

Sunday, March 27, 2011

How I Found Work As A Console Game Tester



A lot of people have a touch of the green eyed monster when they find out that I work as a console game tester. This emotion usually gets worse when they find out that I earn quite a bit of money doing this; in fact most of the time it is more than they are earning. They seem to have a problem with me getting paid to play games when they are working very hard all day long to earn their living. What they fail to realise is that I also work very hard. They also fail to appreciate that they too could have decided to get into this business; most of my friends are gamers or at least they used to be.

How I Found Work As A Game Tester

I left school at sixteen with poor qualifications. I found it hard to secure work and because I had nothing else to do I started to play games all the time. After some time I joined an online gaming forum and this was where I heard about game testing; as you can imagine I was intrigued. I was a bit disappointed though to find that I'd need to have good writing skills. Although writing was not something I was particularly skilled at, I wasn't about to let that get in my way. I spent almost all my time learning to improve my writing skills and to find out all I could about the world of game testing.

The first jobs I secured as a game tester was with a game testing community on the internet. When I think back to what I was paid then, it was very poor compared to what I earn now but it was still very important as it gave me the experience I needed and it allowed me to network. After a year I started picking up freelance work and then the money was a lot better. I've never looked back and my salary increases every few months and I'm turning projects down almost every day.

In the event you engage in Ps3 then you've without a doubt heard of ps3 break. There are other Ps3 things that many game enthusiasts should take an interest in, for example the ps3 key and the ps3 yes.



No comments:

Post a Comment