hopRSS

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Why is Everything in 3D?



It seems we cannot get away from 3D tech right now, everything from mobile phones to portable games consoles are going 3D, and making anormal screen certainly seems to be an effective business model. It is only in the last few years that 3D films have shot to popularity, James Cameron's Avatar was arguably the first film to reall harness the power of 3D technology, and it used it to good effect, not making the fact that film was 3D a central focus point, rather using it subtely to add to the appeal.

Now it seems that 3D is no longer a treat that is seen now and again at the flicks, even films which don't warrant a third dimension are given the 3D, often to their detriment. I'd far rather visit Boutique hotels in Turkey. and many others would too

Now it seems the hoe is becoming the third place for the third dimension. 3D TVs are everywhere and while they cost over £1000 now, they will soon come down in price, everyone will want one, and everything will be broadcast in 3D. It may sound like I'm totally against 3D. Action films or videos games for example work much better when you are immersed in the atmosphere. I can't see where it has a place in News reporting or soaps hwoever.

Call me a traditionalist but when I watch TV I don't particularly wish to wear a pair of tight fitting electronic glasses when I'm relaxing watching TV. I will also raise the question of what would happen to people with bifocal glasses? I'd much rather spend my money on Boutique hotels in Greece or Family hotels in Corsica



No comments:

Post a Comment